Support small and medium enterprises; we are launching a mentoring program for SMEs called the Investment Readiness Program. It is a business development program aimed at identifying and supporting high-potential SMEs to become investment-ready.
Mooto Holdings Ltd is an investment and business advisory firm for small and medium enterprises operating in the Great Lakes region (Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda). The company manages a portfolio of investments in agriculture, fintech and consulting. Mooto Holdings Ltd provides business development services which include business planning, business profiling, proposal writing, accounting services, financial reporting and fundraising.
Support small and medium enterprises; we are launching a mentoring program for SMEs called the Investment Readiness Program. It is a business development program aimed at identifying and supporting high-potential SMEs to become investment-ready. After realizing the difficulties faced by SMEs in accessing finance to start or expand their business, the program was specifically designed to address these challenges and make SMEs attractive to financiers.
- Must be resident and business must be registered in one of our target countries (Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda)
- The business must be fully registered.
- The business must have a demonstrated ability to generate revenue through paying customers.
- Internet connection: Each participant must have access to a good internet connection as the program will be undertaken remotely with regular virtual communications.
- Electronic device: each participant must have an electronic device that connects to the Internet, it can be a smartphone, a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet as long as the participant can access Internet.
- English proficiency: the program will be taught in English. Therefore, all participants must have a good command of English, both written and spoken.
The program will be implemented in two phases, the first phase lasting one month while the second phase will be continuous. Here are the detailed activities for each phase:
Phase 1: Business development
This first phase of the program is intended for business development support to help participants prepare for investment. This step will be launched through a one-day virtual business workshop to orient participants. This will be followed by a series of online engagements on the following aspects of business development:
- business planning: Participants will be oriented on how to structure a good business plan, its contents and will be instructed to complete a business plan template which will be used to formulate a standard business plan for their business.
- Company profiling: Participants will be oriented on how to structure a good company profile, its content and will be tasked with completing a company profile template which will be used to formulate a standard company profile for the company.
- digital marketing: Participants will be oriented on how to leverage digital technology to grow their business through digital profiling and marketing.
- Financial Accounting and Reporting: Participants will be oriented on how to effectively maintain proper accounting records through a web-based business management system called EaseOnTrack. Participants will also be helped to formulate two-year financial reports for their businesses.
The activities mentioned above will be undertaken within four weeks of engagement with program participants. After the four-week period, each participant will receive the following:
- A standard business plan with 5-year financial projections.
- A business profile.
- Two-year financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement).
- Access to the accounting system for three months
- Mooto Holdings Ltd fundraising support
Phase 2: Fundraising
During this phase of the program, Mooto Holdings Ltd will undertake fundraising for all program participants. This will include identifying funding opportunities for which participants are eligible, preparing and submitting their proposals to the funder, providing the funder with any additional information during the due diligence process and guiding the participant through the program. to negotiate a fair deal at the procurement stage. This will be undertaken on an ongoing basis until the participant decides that they no longer require support from Mooto holdings Ltd and withdraws from the scheme. To support the operations of the program, each participant will pay a 5% commission on all funds raised.
For more information: