- Invalid drive errors usually appear when you try to install certain software. This can happen because the drive is no longer available or a system setting is incorrectly configured.
- Error 1327 can be fixed by reconnecting the missing drive if possible. Otherwise, check one of the solutions presented and follow the instructions.
- If you want to troubleshoot issues with the installer, see the Windows Installer Errors Hub for articles that resolve these issues.
- Correcting errors is our specialty. We scour the web to find even the strangest error reports and resolve them in the Windows 10 Errors section.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
Steps to Fix Error 1327 Invalid Drive
- Remove drive letter with command prompt
- Reinstall the program
- Disconnect network drive
- Reassociate the drive letter to a temporary location
- Create a new user account
If the error 1327 appears when you try to install a certain program or software, telling you that you have an invalid drive: P: / (or maybe some other letter), you have come to the right place. In this article, you will find solutions to this error and you will be able to install your programs normally.
This error code can take many forms and affects various programs. So, users may encounter one of the following error 1327 variants:
- Error 1327 invalid drive H:
- Error 1327 invalid U drive:
- Error 1327 invalid drive E:
These tools seem to be affected by error 1327 more often than others:
- Epic games
Why does the 1327 Invalid Drive error occur in the first place?
This problem can occur if the system folder is mapped and the Reconnect at logon check box is selected, or if you have accidentally changed the drive letter of some of your CD or DVD drives. This may prevent the installation of certain programs, such as Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Office. So, here is what you need to do to fix this problem.
How to fix error 1327 invalid drive in Windows 10?
Solution 1: Remove drive letter with command prompt
The command you will run will allow you to connect and disconnect the drive letter to a virtual location. Disconnecting a letter should allow your program to install without generating an error message. So here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Search, type cmd and open the command prompt
- In the command prompt, type the following line and press Enter:
- Close the command prompt and try to install your program
Solution 2: reinstall the program
If this error occurs when you try to install software that was previously removed, some of the leftover from the old program may create a conflict.
What you need to do is make sure to completely clean the system of old or unused software. There are specialized tools to analyze each piece and find and remove the leftovers.
We recommend IOBit Uninstaller as a safe solution for this.
Safe solution to completely remove unwanted programs that cause errors
Solution 3: Disconnect network drive
This solution will only work if a network drive appears in This PC, otherwise stick with the previous solution. Follow these steps to disconnect the network drive to eliminate error 1327:
- Go to Search, type file explorer and open file explorer
- Go to this PC
- Press ctrl + F1 to open the ribbon with tools
- Under Network drive card, navigate to Disconnect network drive
- Try to install your program again
Solution 4: Relocate the drive letter to a temporary location
This method allows you to bind a drive letter to a virtual drive location. In this way, the installer will locate the respective temporary path and use it to install the problematic software.
To note: If the temporary path does not exist, you must create it.
- Launch command prompt as administrator
- Enter subst [Driver Letter]: C: temp> press Enter
Close Command Prompt> reinstall the software.
- Launch the command prompt again and enter the command: subst / D [Driver Letter]: to remove the association of the software with the temporary path> press Enter.
Solution 5: Create a new user account
You can also try to log into a different user account and see if the error persists. If you do not have a secondary user account on your machine, you must create a new account.
Did any of these fixes work for you? Tell us about your experience with this issue in the comments. We would like to know more about this and maybe offer you some additional solutions if the above mentioned methods were not enough.
Frequently Asked Questions
Start a conversation